Monday 13 January 2014

Oldies

I found these old watches squirreled away and forgotten for 20 years or so. They need new batteries and I don't have a tool to remove the backs from them.
   The Tim Horton watch is from the time I spent as a baker.That was when the donuts etc. were baked on site and served fresh.Unlike today.I use to joke and say that the watch was my reward for cutting out and cranking out  a million timbits in my time in that career.
   The other watch is a Pulsar quartz that was given to me on my big six zero birthday,I think.
    In my rummaging around I came upon a Tim Horton $25 gift card.Shirl and I tried it out to see if  it had any money left on it.Lawdy Lawdy Miss Clawdy it had twenty five unused bucks on it.

4 comments:

ViewPoint2010 said...

Haaaaay, GFB, good to see your pixels back online! :-) I'm like you - I've got three or four decent watches in a drawer somewhere while I wear the $10 special from Zellers before they shut down their stores. One of these days, I'll go looking and find those good watches, gaze upon them lovingly and put them back in the drawer! >grin<

Glad to hear you and Shirl are getting out and about. Sign of a good recovery. Keep it up and you can chase the buses (or your tail) once the fine weather arrives!! :-) VP

Government Funded Blogger said...

Hey there VP.We cant wait for the good weather altho I think its a few month off.

I am gonna try and get the watches ticking again. A ten buck watch is a real bargooon lol

Wisewebwoman said...

Silver linings and stuff. Love this. One never knows.

And $25 bonus, not a particular fan of TH coffee but their new espressos would take a bite off your card :)

Enjoy restoring the watches.

XO
WWW

Government Funded Blogger said...

WWW We will give the espresso a try if the local Tims have them.