Sunday 15 June 2014

Live to Ninety?


  Ho hum another test coming up this week.
It was a sad week for GFB because a long time friend passed away from cancer.
   When I hear the younger generation rattling on about good it would be to live to ninety with good health. Well yeah but here is the kicker. Be ready to possibly be alone,friends gone some of your children also.
  I have a photo on my desk of the hockey team I played on  back in the sixties,there were fourteen of us all around the same age.Today only  six of us are alive.The Reaper cut deep into my crowd. My long time pal was on that team.
  Yesterday I had a visit from a friend that I have known since grade 10 in high school. A nice part is that we have kept in touch all those years. Sadly a lot of our classmates are gone.

  Hell,I'm seventy seven with a wonky ticker and am experiencing these losses now. Live to ninety??
   No thanks!

2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

My dad said that, he was the only one of his graduating class left and his siblings were vanishing. I've lost many friends but bolster myself a bit by befriending young 'uns.

Sorry for your loss, GFB.

XO
WWW

Government Funded Blogger said...


Thanks WWW for your kind words.