Sunday 8 June 2014

Wipe Out

  
   I am feeling a bit chuffed today. A neighbour brought over a lap top that she is gonna donate and asked me if I knew how to wipe the hard drive.





   I told her that my experience with that was formatting C: drive and restoring the operating system,however I would find out how to do it.
   There are a number of free utilities online that overwrite (wipe clean) hard drives.All are good and its just a matter of picking one.Some are so thorough that it would give the NSA a tussle to restore.
  I picked one and after figuring out how to burn an ISO and how to make a bootable disc I got things rolling and it took two hours to completely wipe the hard drive clean.
 The laptop is ready for a new life.


2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Wish we could do the same with bad memories, yeah?

XO
WWW

Government Funded Blogger said...

WWW: I read somewhere that sometimes a stroke will do that.A bit drastic though.