Tuesday 5 August 2014

Butchery

  My paternal grandfather,his brother and his cousin went to war in 1914.Fortunately all three survived. Their survival I would celebrate. I will not celebrate or observe anything about that war.
  War is too kind a word to describe the Great War. It was Butchery. It was inflicted upon the flower of the manhood of the countries involved by a gang of criminally insane psychopathic generals.These men were the war criminals guilty of the murder of millions of soldiers.

  I listened to a young man saying how proud he was of Canada in that war fighting to defend our country.Nothing could be farther from the truth. Britain declared war on Germany because Germany by invading Belgium had violated that country's neutrality which had been guaranteed by Britain since 1839.Canada declared war on Germany because Britain the mother country did so.

   My grandfather carried a legacy of the gassing he got in that butchery till the end of his life.

2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

War is insane. Poverty drove so many young men to sign up. There was a whole generation wiped out in Newfoundland and in my home city of Cork. For what? Driven by the men safe in their offices and those profiting from the weapons, etc.

I am so sorry your family suffered. Interestingly enough I am writing about WW1 at the moment.

XO
WWW

Government Funded Blogger said...

Thanks WWW.I look forward to reading what you are writing about that war.
Right now on TVO here I am watching an eight part series made in France about the butchery.It has content that I have never seen before.