Tuesday 24 December 2013

A December Reflection

 Winter is here early this year.Usually December is a mixed bag of some snow, some rain, a bit of sun.This year old man Winter arrived in style dumping 50 cm of snow on us in 24 hours.Since then he has topped us up with another 20 cm.
Thank you very much old timer.
  Frustratingly I have to watch it accumulate and do nothing because of my ticker. Bah humbug !!

   An odd thing this year were no 20 pound turkeys for sale.There were lots of weights under twenty pounds and some in the 25 pound range.I had to buy two ten pounders.
  I thought of this ol tom turkey friends of ours out in the rural had raised.The bird became so tame that when Den would walk his dog the turkey would walk with him also.Last Thanksgiving ol Tom met his demise.He did provide a lot of pleasure to a lot of folks though

 Christmas dinner is at our place this year. Usually one of the kids takes a turn hosting this family dinner but its difficult for Shirl to go anywhere this Christmas.

  Lastly, I want to say how fortunate and thankful to God  Shirl and I are. Shirl is making a rapid recovery and I am alive thanks to the God given skills of the doctors who fixed my heart.Never the less what we experienced this year is nothing compared to what some of our folks have gone through.
  May God's love be with us all in the perilous times ahead.



2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

The best of the season from this old pagan to you and yours, GFB, long may your health continue to improve and get you and the missus back on your feet.

XO
WWW

Government Funded Blogger said...

Thank you WWW.All the best to you and your friends and family.
To me its not what you or I believe that is important.Its who we are that is important.
As Neil Young once sang "Long may you run"

XOXO

Dan